Zeel Blog Homepage

Do Massage Therapists Need To Go To School?

When you get a massage from a Zeel Massage Therapist, rest assured – your massage therapist went through extensive education and training before performing your Zeel Massages.

In the  United States, licensed massage therapists  graduate from one of the 300+ accredited massage institutions in the United States.

Therapists undertake a minimum of 500 hours of training before graduation, and many massage schools require up to 1000 hours.  Most therapists study between 12 and 18 months before graduating and obtaining their massage license. They also learn many fun massage facts.

Most massage therapists are licensed by state, though some take additional coursework and exams to obtain a national certification.  In addition,  some massage therapists pursue further graduate study in specialties such as prenatal massage and oncology massage (massage for cancer patients).

All Zeel Massage Therapists are currently licensed in their state/states of practice – so if you’re getting a massage in Washington DC, your therapist will have a DC license, not just a Maryland license, for example. Great massage therapists with a current and valid massage license are always welcome to join Zeel.

massage therapy   •   in-home massage   •   Zeel Massage   •   massage therapist   •   zeel massage on demand   •   back-to-school   •   massage at home   •   massage school   •   massage therapist school   •   education for massage therapists   •   massage training

Ready to Book a Zeel Massage?