In the wellness community, it’s hard to miss the phrase “golden milk” or “turmeric latte”. This vibrantly hued drink boasts a long list of benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties and immune system support. After seeing it used as part of a nightly de-stressing routine, we decided to put the concoction to the test with our own take on the traditional Ayurvedic recipe. Because who doesn’t love a soothing nightly drink after a long day?
- Turmeric – reduces inflammation, helps your liver to detoxify, boosts your immune system, and eases your digestive system
- Ginger – calms the digestive tract and contains melatonin, a well-known sleep-aid
- Nutmeg – a natural relaxant
- Black pepper – enhances your body’s absorption of turmeric and all the nutrients that come with it
- Coconut milk – the fiber and fat content of coconut support balanced blood sugar and help ease you into sleep
One thing no one prepared us for was the intoxicating fragrance of the spices perfuming the apartment. Needless to say, we loved it. The drink itself wasn’t too sugary, but an additional smidgin of honey would make this an even better post-dinner treat.