IPL Laser Hair Removal Cost
IPL hair removal in major cities tends to cost about $600 per treatment. This cost is also influenced by the size of the treated area, so IPL treatment for legs, for example, will cost more than IPL for underarms. IPL for leg hair or the bikini line is about $900, while treatment of the face costs $350 to $500.
Multiple sessions are required for optimal results. Ask your doctor to predict how many appointments you'll need to schedule. Many practitioners offer discounts if you purchase a package of IPL treatments in advance, or for treating multiple body parts at once (like the face and neck, or the chest and back combined).
Because hair removal is a commonplace procedure, the cost of IPL treatments are often determined, or at least influenced, by your practitioner's experience and qualifications. Though a licensed technician operating out of a medical spa may charge less than a board certified dermatologist, the safest hair removal procedures are those performed by a licensed physician. (Keep in mind that regulations differ- procedures "overseen" by a doctor may simply require the doctor to be in the same building. If you are unsure, ask.)
IPL Hair Removal Cost by Body Part
- Back/chest: Hair removal for the entire back or chest costs between $700 and $1,000. If you're only concerned with a small plot of hair (like the hair just above the buttock), notify your physician. It may be unnecessary to use IPL everywhere, which should take significantly less time and lower the cost of your treatment.
- Bikini (with abdomen, Brazilian, line, or thigh): IPL on the bikini area costs $300 to $1,000. The bikini line plus thighs costs about $450, whereas braving the Brazilian costs closer to $1,000.
- Face: The price of IPL for facial hair is highly variable. Some physicians charge a one-time fee for the entire face, while others adjust the price based on the specific area treated, like the upper lip or the chin. Full face IPL ranges from $300 to $700, which generally includes treatment of the cheeks as well.
- Upper lip: IPL for the upper lip ranges from $175 to $500 per session. Up to six treatments may be required for best results.
- Chin: IPL for chin hair ranges from $175 to $500 per session. Up to six treatments may be required for best results.
- Neck: IPL for neck hair tends to cost around $300. Thick, dark beards are often successfully treated in two or three IPL sessions, though follow-up appointments every six months to a year might be required.
- Arms: Removing arm hair with IPL costs $450 to $1,000. This includes both arms. If you plan to address only forearm hair, the bill may come close to the $450 mark.
- Legs: IPL of just the lower leg costs $450 to $800. Expect to pay between $750 and $1,100 for each session when removing the hair from foot to hip.
- Underarm: IPL for underarm hair costs $300 to $700.
- Buttock: IPL for the hair removal on the buttocks costs approximately $600.