Some of the best acts of kindness are random acts of kindness. That’s why February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness day. And it’s lovely to have a little oasis of happiness in this cruel month we call February.
Need some random acts of kindness ideas? No problem! And remember, while it’s sweet to give your best friend a gift out of the blue, it’s just as nice to spring a real surprise on someone you don’t know well – a coworker, neighbor, or the excellent barista who makes your coffee every day.
Here are 10 ideas for random acts of kindness that will bring a smile to anyone’s face.
- Bake cookies. Share cookies. Who doesn’t love cookies? This also gives you the opportunity to eat cookies too.
- Pick up someone’s check, whether for coffee, a toll, or dinner. It’s your secret – a random act of kindness that will make someone’s day.
- Call a relative you don’t normally speak to (why wait for Thanksgiving?) Tell them why they’re great.
- Write a card to a good friend – gives you an excuse to send one of those adorable greeting cards you’re always finding on Etsy. It really is the thought that counts when you talk about gifts for friends.
- Pamper and spoil! Book a Zeel Massage, on demand, to be delivered as a gift to a friend, with as little as an hour’s notice. Massage reduces stress and enhances well-being. That’s kind!
- Give a compliment – we often only remark on things that are negative, not positive. People can bask in the warm glow of an unexpected compliment for years to come.
- Plant a tree or flower. Mother Earth will appreciate your random act of kindness, as will the environment.
- Leave a great book in a Little Free Library box on the street. Someone will really appreciate your small, random act of kindness in sharing your treasured tome.
- Is it a rainy day? Leave a few extra umbrellas behind. You’ll be a real lifesaver.
- Animals are people too. Visit an animal shelter and snuggle (or massage!) a dog or cat.
Wishing you a very kind and happy Random Acts of Kindness Day from all of us at Zeel Massage!